By Janet Daniels.
It seems like there’s always plenty to worry about, isn’t there? Whether it’s friends or family issues, illness, money or world news, something always pops up with the potential to create worry.
I’ve never thought of myself as a worrier. And yet, as I’ve had to face tough times and decisions in my life, I found myself worrying. I read that worry is letting our minds dwell on difficulty or troubles.
As a positive person, I knew I didn’t want to live in that negative place. I had to figure out what to do to keep from it.
So, how can you deal with worry in your life? Here are some things that will help:
- Be intentional about changing negative worry to positive thoughts. When negative thoughts or worry start to creep, visualize kicking them out of your mind and focus on something positive.
- Most of your worries have a solution. You just need to find out more about it and what you can do to make the situation better. Once you understand more about your situation, you can make a plan to take action. That gets you into action and out of worry.
- Believe in what Dale Carnegie taught many years ago. “The perfect way to conquer worry is prayer.” When worry begins to take over my mind, I pray…no matter where I am or what I’m doing. If I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about something, I get up, read my Bible and pray. I can always get back to sleep after that. I begin each day with a devotional and taking time to give thanks for all the blessings in my life. I thank God throughout the day for everything He has given me.
Zig Ziglar taught me many years ago, that worry is a waste of time because most of what we worry about never happens. And the results of our worries are completely out of our control. So it really is a waste of time and energy, isn’t it?
How do You Avoid Creating Drama in Your Life?
At Team Connections Pro, we realize that you will have to confront lots of situations that can make you worry unless you are prepared. We are your source for leadership growth in direct sales. Team Connections Pro has videos, audios, worksheets, and eBooks to support you in controlling yourself and your business. You even get two power coaching calls every month.
As a special introductory offer, you can join Team Connections Pro for six weeks for ONE dollar. This offer only lasts until Friday, December 2. This is your chance to focus on you and your needs as a leader.
Latest posts by Neil Phillips (see all)
- Coaching Strategies to Help Your Team Get Things Right - October 19, 2017
- Are You Excited About Work? - October 12, 2017
- Can You Conquer Feedback Anxiety? - September 28, 2017