By Neil Phillips.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
I volunteered to write this article for today. Little did I realize how hard it was going to be. We like to provide fresh perspectives on our topics, and I never realized how hard that would be on the topic of love.
When you started in direct sales, one of the first thoughts tattooed on your brain was that “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Zig Ziglar was pretty persuasive when he claimed that without love, sales just wouldn’t occur.
You grew up in direct sales hearing about how you need to love your customers—love them and they will forgive small mistakes; satisfy them and they will come back; make them ecstatic and they will become evangelists.
When you became a leader, you tried to share the importance of love with your team. You showed them that you want the best for them. You love them enough to let them go when you see it as the wrong thing to do. You know that when they leave feeling loved, it will all come back to you in the right way.
What can I say that you don’t already know? You know how to love direct sales, your product, and your team.
So on this Valentine’s Day, I challenge you to love yourself.
- Today, when you step in front of a bathroom mirror, smile and say, “I love who I am.”
- Today, when you sit in your car, smile and say, “I am most excellent.”
- Today, locked away from the world so you can empty all of the STUFF out of your head, smile and say, “All is right with my world.”
Love is the universal application for sales. Enjoy your day!
How Will You Let Team Connections Pro Show You Love?
At Team Connections Pro, our goal is to support you in the way you want to be supported. We know that your livelihood depends on more than just book, sell, recruit and train. You hone your people skills on a daily basis. We are your source for the skill building to take you beyond the basics. Just ask any member. We stake our reputation on it. When you are ready to take your leadership learning to the next level, consider Team Connections Pro.
Latest posts by Neil Phillips (see all)
- Coaching Strategies to Help Your Team Get Things Right - October 19, 2017
- Are You Excited About Work? - October 12, 2017
- Can You Conquer Feedback Anxiety? - September 28, 2017