By Mary McLoughlin.
Are you excited to begin? Have you set some new goals to achieve during 2016?
There is something about turning the calendar to a new year that feels like a fresh start and time for a new beginning. Dreaming big is exciting and helps create a vision that ignites your passion. To keep that fire burning, it’s important to achieve the goals you set. You will accomplish more if you take the time to determine if your goal is a ‘smart goal’. Let’s put it to the test!
- What exactly do I want to achieve?
- What will it take each month to achieve it?
- How many parties/selling events?
- How many new team members?
- How many phone contacts?
- How many hours per week/day?
- Who will I need to involve to achieve it?
- What are the numbers?
- Sales needed per month, new team members per month, etc.
- How will I know I have achieved each step?
- Are the numbers of hours per week required something I am willing to commit?
- Am I able to do the tasks required?
- Do I have the skill?
- What obstacle might prevent me from completing the work required?
- What does it cost to achieve my goal?
- What must I sacrifice in order to achieve this goal?
- Do I have the resources required?
- Time: after scheduling what is required on my calendar, am I really able to commit the time in addition to the other activities already on my calendar?
- Finances: am I able and willing to make the needed investment?
- Am I willing to make the necessary sacrifices?
- What is the specific deadline for my goal? This means an actual date!
Did your 2016 goal pass the test? If so, hurrah! I can’t wait to celebrate with you when you achieve it! If not, how will you adjust your goal to one that passes the SMART goal test? Striving for a goal requires energy, enthusiasm and passion. Accomplishing smaller goals builds your momentum, keeps you excited and prepares you to take on bigger goals. When you strive only for SMART goals that pass the test, you move forward and enjoy the journey instead of feeling disappointed and discouraged. Go ahead, flex those goal achieving muscles by creating SMART goals in 2016!
What If You Could Get Your Whole Team Recruiting Right Now?
What if you could make 2016 different? What if you could groom and grow more leaders than you lose? What if you could follow a simple, no-brainer approach to help you help your team recruit more?
That’s what our next free webinar, The 3 Secrets to Get Your Team to Recruit Right Now, is all about. In this practical, action-oriented training, we’ll cover topics like …
- How to equip every team member with the talking points to have a recruiting conversation.
- How to identify an opportunity to talk about the business in a non-intrusive way in almost any situation.
- How to simply change the things you say and the way you say them in a way that can lead to better recruiting conversations.
- How to incorporate the right rewards system to inspire and motivate your team to push ahead.
- How to recognize your team members in a way that drives them to be their best.
- How to stay focused on the right activities, every day, in a way that leads to the right results.
Sound like something your team could benefit from right now?
If it does, this free webinar is specifically for you. It’s completely free. You can sign up for our morning session or our evening session, and all registrants get access to the replay. Register now and reserve your spot.