By Dana Phillips.
Many of you are in the midst of caring for others. Your team, your kids, your senior parents, your spouse are all in need of your best. There’s an old saying that you can’t pour from an empty cup. You need to make sure that your cup is full. We want to offer you some ways to fill YOUR cup. Our hope is that some of these might resonate with you. Take some time each day to do at least one of these for yourself!
- Get moving. Exercise, even in small amounts, can change your mood.
- Find a devotional. I went back and found one of my favorites, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. You can find her online.
- Some of you love to write. Make time to do it.
- Put on your favorite dance music and do the locomotion.
- Write down five things you are grateful for every day
- Read Poetry from artists like Maya Angelou. Here are 70 inspiring poems.
- Sing! Sing anything that makes you happy.
- Get quiet and meditate on scripture. Or even just meditate.
- Learn a new skill! Facebook live? Watch Parties, classes on your business.
- Hug someone in your household.
- Be mindful of what you are eating. Enjoy a bite of something rather than inhaling a whole quart of ice cream or an entire bag of M & M’s.
- Read books or articles that inspire you.
- Get outside and smell the air. Notice what is in the sky.
- Read for fun.
- Drink water. Gulp it like you did when you were a kid!
- Read the comics that make you laugh. I love Pearls Before Swine
- Take a virtual tour of a national park or historic site.
- Call someone you love just to hear their voice. I love to hear from my kids.
- Pick up an old hobby or start a new one.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Play music that makes you smile. Sit and listen with all your being.
- Cook something new from scratch
- Watch a movie (or a scene) that lifts you up.
- Skype, zoom or facetime someone who inspires you.
- Read jokes.
Seriously, you have to take care of yourself. If you spend your time FREAKING OUT, how will those around you avoid doing the same thing? Fill your cup and then fill those around you.
We’d Love to Have You Share and See What Other Leaders Are Doing!
Being a leader is more than managing sales and recruiting. Being a leader tests your self-concept and relationship skills. The Direct Selling Leaders Network is the Facebook group known as a safe place to share questions and answers about growing your business. Leaders are curious. This is a great group to find out some answers.
The Direct Selling Leaders’ Network is the Facebook group for leaders like you. This social learning community is the premier online community for direct selling leaders, future leaders, and those who want to create their future. Leadership is a way of life, not just a position. Join us as we add new FREE content every week! Recruiting, Getting Your Team to Work, and Tips on Working Smarter, Not Harder. NOT A MEMBER? Please join some of the best leaders in direct sales.