These tips came from some of the top leaders I know in our profession. There are some real gems in here. Enjoy and pick the ones that you want to make a habit in your business.
- Treat your business like your business.
- Spend minutes on the urgent, hours on the important.
- Never work alone. Always take a consultant with you to parties, interviews, etc.
- Get up in the morning and get dressed to work.
- Use your datebook to keep track of your business, sales meetings, events.
- Contact 5 a day to book.
- Smile when you talk on the phone.
- Book two personal parties away from parties for every grand opening you hold.
- Do exit interviews with every consultant who leaves.
- Care enough about yourself to keep your datebook full.
- Book two from every party. You are never through until you book two.
- Ask the “no’s” when you can call back so you always have callbacks.
- Really sit down and give every hostess the facts about your earning opportunity.
- Pick two leads from every party.
- Your personal recruits are usually the strongest, so spend more time getting your recruits.
- Schedule interviews consistently.
- Really do five interviews a week.
- Bring guests to sales meetings
- Conduct Grand Openings
- Have more consultants coming into your unit than going out.
- Be willing to do twice as much as any of your team members.
- Care enough about your consultants to find out what they really want and hold them accountable.
- Hold weekly or monthly meetings.
- Set team goals.
- Re-promote yourself at least once a quarter.
- Promote a new team leader every quarter.
- Recruit the same number of personal recruits every time you promote someone.
Are You a Direct Selling Leader (or on your way?)
The Direct Selling Leaders’ Network is the Facebook group for you. This social learning community is the premier online community for direct selling leaders, future leaders, and those who want to create their future. Leadership is a way of life, not just a position. Join us as we add new FREE content every week! Recruiting, Getting Your Team to Work, and Tips on Working Smarter, Not Harder.
PSST: If you have some people on your team that this can help, let them know about the Direct Selling Leaders’ Network.
Sales leaders aren’t born. They’re created.