By Dana Phillips
I am thankful to be self-employed. I can look in the mirror and tell my boss that I needed to work some overtime to make more money. I can shop in the mornings and avoid the evening/weekend frenzy at the local shopping centers.
Aren’t you glad that you are self-employed?
Aren’t you glad that you can give yourself a raise by looking in the mirror?
Aren’t you glad that your sales achievements are not bound by the stock market, location, or a glass ceiling?
If you aren’t making the money you think you deserve, why not give yourself a raise?
I remember the old saying my mama used to tell me, “If you want something bad enough, you’ll find a way, and if you don’t, you can always find an excuse.” If you are grimacing, you may want to have a little attitude talk with yourself.
You chose direct sales for the flexibility, the potential income, and the fun. Nothing works until you do. Go out and make it happen.
Consider the power of 5:
- 5 minutes a day to check your attitude and review your goals: confirming a positive attitude and affirming your goals daily will keep your daily activities in perspective.
- 5 minutes a day to set a work schedule: time management experts indicate that you can add productivity with this one step.
- 5 contacts a day to schedule your demonstrations, show, or parties: one top leader starts the day with five bangle bracelets on her left arm and transfers one to her right arm every time she makes a possible income producing contact.
- 5 conversations a week to sponsor new people in your organization: there is no better way to introduce people to your opportunity than sitting down with them and seeing if you are a fit.
- 5 minutes a day to celebrate your successes with yourself: This simple step will keep your momentum high and future brighter.
When you make these five small steps every day, you will establish habits that will define your success. You will enjoy the journey of your success, stay focused on what you want, and make a difference in the lives of those you touch.
Who Helps You Plan Your Summer?
At Team Connections Pro, we’ve all been leaders during the summer months and struggled while we figured out how to work our business during the heat. You find audios and webinars on Getting Ready for Summer and Fun Ways to Keep Your Team Engaged. AND you’ll have two one-to-one coaching calls every month to help you apply those ideas and plan ahead.
TC Pro is your source for direct selling leadership ideas. For $1, you can try TC Pro for a month. If you aren’t satisfied, then you can cancel at any time with no further obligation. (Funny thought: join for June, access all of the materials on summer leadership, get two coaching calls, and then stop. For a one time expense of $1, you may just revolutionize your business.)