By Dana Phillips.
Every leader who is working to help an up-and-comer blossom finds the one who just can’t bloom. You know the one. They:
- Have their big party postpone.
- Talk with enough people to recruit that last one but nobody will say yes.
- Struggles with friends and family that are all doubters.
Here are some ways that you can help her get that quick win. Often a win boosts her confidence enough for her to push through the tough spot.
First, identify her goals.
Before beginning the coaching process, you must first find out SPECIFICALLY what she wants to accomplish (for example, income goals). Write them down.
- “What do you want to accomplish in the next 90 days?”
- “What do you want to accomplish in the next 6 months?”
- “What do you want to accomplish in one year?”
Second, define your role/responsibility as a sponsor and her role/responsibility as a business builder.
- “There are some things I am going to do for you.”
- “There are some things you will do for yourself.”
- “There are some things you will do for your team.”
Believe in her.
This is critical. She will rise to the level of your belief.
Third, coach according to her personality.
- Some need to be pushed; some need just the opposite.
- Ask how she want to be coached by you.
“Do you want me to encourage you?”
“Do you want me to push you?”
“Do you want me to leave you alone?”
Fourth, get a win in 72 hours.
- Her #1 job is to put you in front of people, and your #1 job is to put money in her pocket.
- Your focus is to help her retail and recruit new business members.
Fifth, get in the trenches with her.
- Go get business done with and for her. She will learn by watching you do the business more than you are talking about it.
- LEAPFROG over people and connect to the stronger business-builders and pull them into the inner circle of your team.
Sixth, respectfully hold her accountable to the goals that she set from the beginning.
She wants to be successful. You want her to succeed. Keep her in charge of her business and she will be successful.
Want to Hear How Other Leaders Get Quick Wins?
We know several leaders, and they are members of the Direct Selling Leaders Network. Join our Facebook group, Direct Selling Leaders Network, to meet greet, and network with like-minded people. Our FB group is a safe place to share ideas and ask questions. No cross recruiting and no daily sales pitches. PS: Do you have up and coming leaders? Invite your future leaders to join the Direct Selling Leaders Network; it shows you really believe in them.