By Dana Phillips.
Lack of organization can be a substantial obstacle in your efforts to reach your goals. Improper planning and disorder can make your work seem unnecessarily hectic and stressful. By taking steps to organize your life and your business, you’ll become more productive and find work more enjoyable.
Here are some valuable suggestions that can help you become more organized:
- Set definite goals. Whether by the day, the week, the month, or the year, clearly defining your objectives will help you maintain focus on the purpose of your efforts.
- Plan ahead. Plot out the “small” jobs you need to accomplish in order to reach your long-term goals. Keep track of your progress.
- Fight paper clutter. Put away or file materials you haven’t used recently. If you really don’t need something, throw it away.
- Keep a daily “to do” list, ordering tasks according to their importance. Concentrate on completing high-priority tasks and update your list regularly.
- Keep a datebook, and keep it current, and readable. These materials are the keys to organizing your time–be sure you can refer to them as complete, reliable sources.
- Break your biggest projects into small, manageable steps, then approach each step one at a time. Focus on the task at hand; don’t allow the size of the overall project to discourage you.
- Keep yourself organized by scheduling a regular time to straighten, file, update, throw away, and prioritize.
Pick one that you are going to commit to do for the next month. Revisit this list and add others as they seem relevant to you. Remember that being organized is not the same as being “neat”. Do enough to be more effective, not perfect.
Want to Meet Other’s Like You?
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Being a leader is more than managing sales and recruiting. Being a leader tests your self-concept and relationship skills. The Direct Selling Leaders Network is the Facebook group known as a safe place to share questions and answers about growing your business. Leaders are curious. This is a great group to find out some answers.
The Direct Selling Leaders’ Network is the Facebook group for leaders like you. This social learning community is the premier online community for direct selling leaders, future leaders, and those who want to create their future. Leadership is a way of life, not just a position. Join us as we add new FREE content every week! Recruiting, Getting Your Team to Work, and Tips on Working Smarter, Not Harder. NOT A MEMBER? Please join some of the best leaders in direct sales.